I needed to apply a centralized automatic signature on a client. What I did was write an HTML with variables NAME POST ADDRESS etc.
Then I copy the files in generic to the team through a GPO and I execute a .vbs that performs the following functions with code quoted:
-Define variables taking the AD data
-Determine this html as an outlook signature
Set objWord = CreateObject("Word.Application") Set objDoc = objWord.Documents.Add() Set objSelection = objWord.Selection Set objEmailOptions = objWord.EmailOptions Set objSignatureObject = objEmailOptions.EmailSignature Set objSignatureEntries = objSignatureObject.EmailSignatureEntries objSignatureObject.NewMessageSignature = "Empresa" objSignatureObject.ReplyMessageSignature = "Empresa" objDoc.Saved = True objWord.Quit
Open the html and save it in a string type variable
-Edit the generic fields by the real data of each user with Replace
-Save changes using utf-8 format
Save2File strNewText,appDataLocation+"\Microsoft\firmas\Empresa.html" Sub Save2File (sText, sFile) Dim oStream Set oStream = CreateObject("ADODB.Stream") With oStream .Open .CharSet = "utf-8" .WriteText sText .SaveToFile sFile, 2 End With Set oStream = Nothing End Sub
So far everything would seem normal, but the body of the html has two components. The firm itself; and a disclaimer with text in Spanish and English that I was asked to add.
The definition of the charset in the html is the following:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/>
But it turns out that at this moment, only in the disclaimer the accents appear with strange characters, as if the charset did not recognize them.
With some modifications that I made I could invest it, that is to say, the name or the sector in the company of the personnel left me with errors in the ticks, but the disclaimer went well!
I need to unify it, and either in utf-8 or iso-8859-1 to get both AD and disclaimer data displayed correctly with accents and all.